Friday, October 14, 2016

Diverse Souces Interview-Post TRACS submission


Source: Rene Barboza

A00506367

Interview Questions

Interviewing: Dylan Moore

 dmt_42@txstate.edu

Major- Computer Science

Occupation- Jason’s Deli
Dylan Moore

Income- 18,000-20,000$

                                        

1.            What is your opinion about the Texas law that allows guns to be carried onto a college campus by anyone with a concealed handgun permit?



“I wouldn't have voted for it. I don't think guns belong on campus.”



1.            What if anything concerns you about the new law?



                “I think it raises the chance of something bad going wrong because of the fact of having guns on campus. Also, it seems very easy to get them.  It doesn't seem like its really necessary for guns to be on campus anyway.”



1.            Why should or why shouldn’t guns be permitted on college campuses?



                “When you have a gun, its constantly reminding you to be as safe as possible. If we didn't have guns on campus, violence wouldn't even be an idea.”



1.            Do you own a gun? Have a handgun carry permit?



“No. Personally, none of my friends have guns.  I did see my neighbors with a shotgun the other day so I guess its pretty common.”



1.            Ask your own question.



With the implementation of the new law, do you it increases the chances of something bad happening?



“I don't know. I would have to take a look at the statistics to see if anything has gone wrong.  To me, nothing has really changed. I don't see too many people carrying guns.  Nothing seems to have really changed.”

No comments: