Friday, October 7, 2016

Campus Carry Interview

Interviewer: Ben McInnis

Interviewee: David Gonzalez



·      Question: “What is your opinion about the Texas law that allows guns to be carried onto a college campus by anyone with a concealed handgun permit?”

Gonzalez: “I don’t like it. I don’t think anyone needs to be carrying a gun while they’re on campus, it’s too dangerous.” 


·      Question: “What if anything concerns you about the new law?”

Gonzalez: “It doesn’t make any sense to me. I mean, why do they want to bring their guns to class? Who are they going to shoot?”


·      Question: “Why should or why shouldn’t guns be permitted on college campuses?”

Gonzalez: “I’m guessing people want to bring guns to school to protect themselves. If they ever decided they needed to use it, they could miss and hit someone else. Only the police should carry guns because they’re trained to use them.”


·      Question: “Do you own a gun? Have a handgun carry permit?”

Gonzalez: “I don’t own any guns but I’ve used them before. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with guns, I just don’t think people should take them everywhere.” 


·      Question: “If a school shooting occurred at Texas State, would your fellow students be safer if one of them was also armed?” 

Gonzalez: “ I don’t think so. If another person beside the shooter is shooting more people could get shot, especially in a small classroom.”

No comments: