Sunday, October 4, 2015

Diverse Source: Donevan Gonzales

Quotes Collected By: Dezmond Jarboe-Moore
Source: Donevan Gonzales
Identifying information: Donevan is a 18 year-old freshman majoring in computer science from Pflugerville, Texas. 


1) This is the 25-year anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, how do you think Texas State has changed since the implementation of the act? 

"Before the Americans with Disabilities Act I would assume it was harder for people living with disabilities to navigate around campus with the various amounts of hills the campus has been built on. The campus is now wheelchair friendly with an elevator in every building and ramps by or around staircases."

2) Do you ever use any of the physical accommodations required by the ADA, such as elevators, ramps, or door openers? How does this affect your commute around campus?


"I do use the resources the campus provides. Mainly in my residence hall because I live on the eighth floor, but I usually use the stairs anywhere else because I don't need to use the ramps to get to class."

3) What do you think this campus or this university would be like without the ADA?

"The campus would not be as diverse as it is now since not all people would be able to navigate the campus"

4) Does the ADA affect you personally in any way?


"No, but I am appreciative that I have an elevator in my residence hall."

5) How do you think the university does in complying with the ADA? 

"I think the campus is doing a fine job complying with ADA. I feel that there is a sufficient amount of resources on campus."

No comments: