Monday, July 20, 2015

Diverse Sources- Campus Carry Interview

Quotes collected by: Yanira Durant
SOURCE: Sara Pavey
Identifying information about the source: Junior,
international relations major, 21 years old and
works in the Honors College.



Question 1: What is your opinion about the soon-to-be Texas law that allows guns to be carried onto a college campus by anyone with a concealed handgun permit?

·      “Part of me is a little nervous but in reality if you’re going to bring a gun on campus for harmful purposes they’re going to probably do it anyways. Despite laws or not. Hopefully nothing changes.”


Question 2: While some other states have a similar law, do you think all states should permit guns on college campuses?

·      “I think it should be on a state by state basis. Let the states decide ultimately. I don’t think it has to be a federally mandated thing.”


Question 3: Why should or why shouldn’t guns be permitted on college campuses?

·      “I don’t really think they’re necessary on campuses. Like I said if they’re going to take one on they’ll do it anyways.”

Question 4: Do you believe having guns on campus will affect your everyday life?


·      “I certainly hope not. I feel we’re still a fairly liberal student body and the law wont make that much of a difference. It might make some people angry.”

No comments: