Monday, July 20, 2015

Diverse Interviews: Open Carry 


Amy Lee Peña




Quotes collected by: Katherine Olesen

Source: Amy Lee Peña, Senior, From Texas, Texas State University Student, sociology major 

Photo by: Katherine Olesen 















Question 1: What is our opinion about the soon-to-be Texas law that allows guns to be carried onto college campus by anyone with a concealed handgun permit?

"It makes me really uncomfortable, mostly because you just never know how people will react to certain things and if they're having a bad day its just so easy for them to pull out their gun and scare someone."

Question 2: While some other states have a similar law, so you think all states should permit guns on college campuses?

"I think they should not, I don't even think Texas should."

Question 3: Why should or shouldn't guns be permitted on college campuses?

" I am afraid, but if no one can carry guns then I think thats a lot better because you don't have to worry about stand you don't have to feel like you have to be protected as well."

Question 4: Does this law make you want to go out and get your own concealed handgun permit?

"Yeah, because it's like since everyone else will have one I might as well get one for my own protection." 

No comments: