Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Diverse Sources Interview: Leanne Halliburton





Name: Leanne Halliburton
Grade level: Freshman
Major: Elementary Education

1. "The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?"

Leanne: "It hasn't really affected me. It doesn't feel big to me, but I went to a big high school so I was used to it."

2. "Should the university continue to grow?"

Leanne: "Yes I think it should grow."
Paraphrase: she explained that it's always good to have a bigger alumni network and donor base, and just generally grow the community.

3. "Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?"

Leanne: "Yes I wanted to go to a bigger university, so that was definitely a big factor."

4. So what's your favorite thing about the school then? Anything at all."

Leanne: "It's got that small town feel, but there's plenty to do with Austin and San Antonio nearby. And there's lots of green and hills."

No comments: