Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Diverse Sources Interview: Sarah Rule

Texas State Enrollment

Sarah Rule
Freshman, 18
Fashion Merchandise Major
San Antonio, Tx

1.     The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you? Sarah: It hasn’t had much effect on me just because I am a freshman and this whole ‘increased enrollment’ is new to me. I guess it is cool that I am apart of it though and it makes me happy because I love this school so much so seeing more people commit to coming here makes me smile. Its also nice for sporting events and other campus groups to grow in attendance.

2.     Should the university continue to grow? Sarah: Yes, definitely. The more the merrier.

3.    Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? (Consider- can this question apply to more than just students?) Sarah: Not at all. My mind had been made up for awhile. I didn't know about the enrollment size but I did like that it was smaller in size compared to A&M or UT. Being from san Antonio I wanted to go somewhere that wasn’t too far away, but still far enough away to be able to grow by myself.


4.     Ask your own question. What is your favorite part about campus or Texas State in general? Sarah: my favorite part of campus is probably the den just because their wraps give me life (haha). The thing I like most about campus is that I feel safe and as weird as it sounds I really like the quad. As crazy as it is sometimes, its fun to see all the different groups this school has to offer & I always run into friends which is fun too!

No comments: