Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Kimberly Witthaus - Diverse source interview

Elisa Alvarado
Psychology Major, 24
Austin, TX

1. The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?

As being a newly transfer student, the increase enrollment has yet to affect me. However, based on the tuition that was asked in 2008 (when I graduated high school) it has significantly risen. I correlate this difference with the student population.



2. Should the university continue to grow?

I am extremely biased on the growth of Texas state. I would prefer if it did not increase in growth. I had specifically selected TX state Bc it was a "smaller" school. I had the opportunity to attended UT but I passed on enrollment because I was afraid I would be just another "number" and be lost in the mix.



3. Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?

My answer from the second question can answer this. But also from my parents point of view, my parents pushed for me attending Texas state because of its size. Classes wouldn't be as overwhelming and I would be able to find help easier and quicker.



4) There are a lot of older students being almost begged to move out of student housing because the university need places for the incoming freshmen to live. Do you feel that it's fair that the university asks the older students who are trying to save money to move out into regular housing and why?

 I think it's absolutely ridiculous and Extremely unfair to ask an older student to move out solely based on the reasoning that they need more room for freshman students. Being a STUDENT at this university means you have the opportunity to live in STUDENT housing. As long as housing payments are being met why does it matter who lives there? The university will still get their money at the end of the day.

No comments: